Skip to main content

Freedom of information

The Freedom of Information Act establishes a right of access to all types of recorded information held by the University. 

The University has a legal obligation to provide information through an approved publication scheme and in response to requests. 

Publication Scheme

The Ƶ’s Publication Scheme and the Publication Scheme of its wholly owned companies are available below. Both are based on the Model Publication Scheme for Universities and Wholly owned companies as defined by the Information Commissioner’s Office. The Schemes set out the classes of information that the University publishes or intends to publish, the manner in which this information will be published and whether the information is available free of charge or on payment. The information listed in the schemes is available free of charge unless otherwise stated.

Ƶ Publication Scheme

CoSector Publication Scheme

Making a request

If you cannot find the information you are looking for on our publication scheme, you can make a request to the University. Requests should be made in writing to records.management@london.ac.uk or

Data Protection and Information Compliance Manager 
Vice-Chancellor's Office
Senate House
Malet Street

The University must respond to a request within 20 working days. Some information may be exempt from disclosure under one of the exemptions in the Act. 

Privacy Notice - FOI requesters

Internal reviews and other appeals

If you are dissatisfied with the response you have had from the University in respect of a request for information, you may ask for an internal review of your request by contacting records.management@london.ac.uk. If you are still unsatisfied you can appeal to the Information Commissioner.


Information which is generated by the University or its subsidiaries and is included in either publication scheme may be reproduced for information, personal study and non-commercial purposes only. Permission to reproduce information in the publication scheme does not extend to any material which is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.

Further information